CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Position Description: Our Harvest Cooperative (OHC) seeks a unique individual with cooperative business experience, food system expertise, and an excitement and passion for leading a pioneering organization through a time of transition.
About Our Harvest Cooperative: Our Harvest Co-op is a union, worker-owned cooperative that farms using organic practices and operates a food hub that provides aggregation, distribution, and technical assistance for local growers while serving as a centralized source of local produce for institutions, individuals, grocery stores, restaurants, and other retail and wholesale buyers. Our Harvest Cooperative is committed to creating family-sustaining jobs in Greater Cincinnati; producing sustainably-grown, local produce; and building a food hub to strengthen the local food system and increase access to healthy food.
Responsibilities: This is a unique hire, as the chosen candidate will be asked, in partnership with the Board of Directors, to lead a business review process and implement changes to the organization based on that review. This may change the course of business as it stands now, and thus the specifics of the job responsibilities.
However, the following are likely to be included:
- Organizational planning
- Bank/investor relationship management
- Financial tracking/reporting
- Infrastructure and landlord-relationship management
- Systems development
- Human resources and staff management
- Partnership development, outreach, and participation in regional alliances
- Sales and business development
- Regulatory compliance (food safety, insurance coverage, organic certification, etc.)
Duration and Compensation: This is a full-time, year-round, paid position. Our Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds. This position may involve some work on evenings and weekends. Our goal is for all employees to become worker-owners after 12 months of employment.
- At least 7-10 years business management experience
- At least five years working in a related field (farming, food distribution, food systems, etc.)
- Experience working for a cooperative
- Excitement about leading a pioneering organization through a time of transition
- Ability to manage complex systems and juggle many simultaneous details in an organized fashion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to perform a variety of tasks with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability and willingness to safely lift 50 lbs and safely drive a refrigerated truck
To learn more about Our Harvest Cooperative, please visit our website at www.OurHarvest.coop.
To apply, please submit a resumé and cover letter via e-mail to Kristen Barker, Board President, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 5th.